Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 29-Sep-2015, 00:38

First season completed

Well that's my first season completed and I can't wait for the next one!
First off I have to give huge thanks to lee moxham not only did he buy me enough beer down our local pub to make me think bike racing was the way forward but he purchased a spare bike ( that he didn't need ) just so I could start racing with him, without the support and help from lee and Silke I would not have been able to race this year.
I had a few ups and downs this year and I'm sure I must have gained some DD records along the way
I'm pretty sure I'm the only one to get knocked off my bike in the paddock on the way to my first ever qualifying
And I know for definite that everybody else knows hall bends starts with a right not a left. (thanks Dallas for pushing the bike back for me as I held my head in shame in front of the crowd at cadwell cafe)

It wasn't all bad though Malory park was much better and I had a great weekend at Anglesey with four great races with Mykal Trim

The DD paddock is truly a great place to be everyone gave me help, advice and a few spare parts to keep me an track and there is always a beer and chat available whichever tent,camper or van you go to.
So winter is coming and hours of convincing myself in my garage that the work I do on the bike is going to turn me into some sort of race winner begins

Well done Scott and Dallas on your championships both well deserved.
Thanks to everyone for a great first year and bring on 2016
Old 29-Sep-2015, 00:45
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Mark you were missed at Pembrey, you would have liked the circuit as it is all line of sight with nothing hidden by the crest of a hill.
as with Rod a few simple changes to a standard bike can easily improve things so if you need any advice frrl free to call, email etc
Kev

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 29-Sep-2015, 00:51

Thanks Kev I would have been there if funds had allowed but unfortunately not to be!
I'm sure I will be in touch over the coming months for advice
Old 04-Oct-2015, 11:02
Bikes: 98 916, 2006 Blade, DD Class B #20

Really hope to see you out there next year Mark, Anglesea was a great hoot, we've got all winter to get you ready I'm not too far away too come and give you a hand, let's make every weekend feel like Anglesea
Old 04-Oct-2015, 13:13

Thanks Mykal really looking forward to next year, hopefully I will improve the bike a bit over winter and improve me a lot more next season!! I was hoping to get a track day in before the end of the year I will have to see if there is anything going on at snetterton?!
Old 04-Oct-2015, 20:57
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko748
Thanks Mykal really looking forward to next year, hopefully I will improve the bike a bit over winter

Now this is where Mykal can help he made some worthwhile improvements to his bike in the second half of the season
Raising the rear, dropping the front and setting a steeper Rake angle to help the bike turn.
Single rate fork springs are always worth having as the weight transfer isn't as violent under braking which helps with corner entry.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 04-Oct-2015, 21:17

They are the things I was thinking about Kev I will get my suspension set up and change springs for my weight!
Old 05-Oct-2015, 12:50
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Or just grow a bigger pair and throw it round the corners.

Only took me 5yrs!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 05-Oct-2015, 12:57

It's not the size of them that's the problem mate it's that I like then that shape and not attached to the fuel tank!!
Old 06-Oct-2015, 18:48
Mille
Bikes: YZF750R, DD 'B' class monster #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykie916
we've got all winter to get ready

But some of us will as usual, remember to look at the race bike for the first time a week before the first meeting next spring and panic.