Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Old 18-Oct-2021, 10:19
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Post #ARGWorldSBK Scott Redding masters Race-2 after the 2nd place in Superpole Race. Michael Rinaldi tries his best, but he has to to settle for 5th

World Superbike | 2021 | R12 | Argentina | San Juan | Sunday 17 October 2021

#ARGWorldSBK Scott Redding masters Race-2 after the 2nd place in Superpole Race. Michael Rinaldi tries his best, but he has to to settle for 5th

The spectacular Circuit of San Juan (Argentina) offers great entertainment to fans from all over the world. Race-2 of the twelfth round of the 2021 WorldSBK season ends with an extraordinary victory for Scott Redding (second in the morning Superpole). Fifth place for Michael Rinaldi after his podium finish in Race-1.

Superpole Race
P2 - Spectacular last lap for Scott Redding who - after having chased Razgatlioglu (Yamaha) for the whole race - sets the new track record (1'37.345) and takes the lead in the second sector. The Turkish rider's reaction, however, came immediately. Under the chequered flag Razgatlioglu wins by only 46 thousandths of a second.
P8 - Michael Rinaldi's feeling is not the same as in Race 1. Despite this, the Italian rider pushes hard to reach the sixth position. In the final laps, however, he is involved in a fight with Van Der Mark (BMW), Locatelli (Yamaha) and Gerloff (Yamaha) and has to settle for eighth place.

Superpole Results
P1 – T. Razgatlioglu (Yamaha)
P2 – S. Redding (Aruba.it Racing – Ducati)
P3 - J. Rea (Kawasaki)
P4 – A. Bassani (Ducati)
P5 – M. Van Der Mark (Aruba.it Racing – Ducati)
P8 – M. Rinaldi (Aruba.it Racing. Ducati)

Race-2
P1 - Scott Redding is the protagonist of a sensational race. In the first 10 laps the English rider battles with Razgatlioglu (Yamaha), Rea (Kawasaki) and Bassani (Ducati), creating an exciting duel. From lap 11, after passing Razgatlioglu, Redding pushes harder, setting one fast lap after another, taking the chequered flag by a wide margin.
P5 - Michael Rinaldi manages to find an incisive pace only in the second half of the race. The gap from the leading group, however, is too wide to be closed.

Race-2 Results
P1 – Scott Redding (Aruba.it Racing – Ducati)
P2 – J. Rea (Kawasaki)
P3 – T. Razgatlioglu (Yamaha)
P4 – A. Bassani (Ducati)
P5 – M. Rinaldi (Aruba.it Racing – Ducati)

Scott Redding (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati #45)
"It was a fantastic race, I had a lot of fun. Racing on this circuit is really nice and the Argentinean fans gave me great energy. Honestly, in some moments I had the impression of being in a 'home-gp'. It's a shame about Race 1 but I'm still very happy for this victory. The team did a fantastic job. I can't wait to be in Indonesia. It will be the first time for everyone on that circuit: the other riders will feel the sensations that I have often felt not only this weekend but also in the last two seasons".

Michael Rinaldi (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati)
"It was a good race, faster than Race 1. Unfortunately, I have to admit that this weekend was conditioned by the results we got in Superpole and Superpole Race: when you start far behind it's difficult to stay with the leading group. Anyway, I'm satisfied because I was able to set the fastest lap in the second half of Race 2 and this means that we have worked well during these days".

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.