Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Old 02-Nov-2022, 18:14
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Post The Ducati Lenovo Team arrives in Valencia for the 2022 riders' title decider

MotoGP | Round 20 - Valencia GP | Wednesday 2 November 2022

The Ducati Lenovo Team arrives in Valencia for the 2022 riders' title decider

The Ducati Lenovo Team arrives in Valencia for the last and highly anticipated round of the 2022 MotoGP season, the Valencia GP, which will be held at the Circuit Ricardo Tormo in Cheste on Sunday, 6th November. The 20th round of the year will decide the fate of the Riders' World Championship, which, after the Malaysian GP, sees Francesco Bagnaia leading the standings with a 23-point lead over Fabio Quartararo.

Therefore, it will be a crucial appointment for the Italian rider, who last year won the GP on this track, also setting the new fastest lap in the race, ahead of Jorge Martin (Pramac Racing) second and Jack Miller third. It was also the first all-Ducati podium in MotoGP history.

The Valencia GP will also be full of emotions for Miller, who will run his last race wearing the Ducati Lenovo Team colours and will bid farewell to the Borgo Panigale manufacturer after five years riding the Desmosedici GP. In Valencia, Jack will also have one last chance to try to close in third place in the Championship, which currently sees him fifth, 23 points behind third-placed Aleix Espargaro.

Francesco Bagnaia (#63 Ducati Lenovo Team) - 1st (258 points)
"A really important weekend for us is about to begin, but I arrive in Valencia calm and serene. The Circuit Ricardo Tormo is a track where we were fast last year, and on paper, it suits the characteristics of our bike. We are in a more favourable situation than Malaysia, but we must stay focused until the end and think about working well from the first session to give our best in the race, as always. There will be a lot of Ducati fans here, as well as my family, my friends and my fan club, so I hope to give them all some great emotions on Sunday."

Jack Miller (#43 Ducati Lenovo Team) - 5th (189 points)
" I am happy to be back racing in Valencia, a track I really like and where I have been competitive in recent years. It will be a special weekend for the team, with Pecco fighting for the title, but it will also be my last race with the Ducati Lenovo Team and riding a Desmosedici GP. I hope to bid farewell to Ducati by getting one last important result. Mathematically I also still have a chance to finish third in the Championship. It is not easy, but until the end, we will work to try to reach this important goal together."

Circuit Information

Name: Circuit Ricardo Tormo
Best Lap: Bagnaia (Ducati), 1:31.042 (158.3 km/h)– 2021
Circuit Record: Lorenzo (Yamaha), 1:29.401 (161.2 km/h) – 2016
Top Speed: Zarco (Ducati), 337.0 km/h – 2021
Track Length: 4.0 km
Race Distance: 27 laps (108.1 km)
Corners: 14 (9 left, 5 right)

2021 Results
Podium: 1° Bagnaia (Ducati), 2° Martín (Ducati), 3°Miller (Ducati)
Pole Position: Martín (Ducati), 1:29.936 (328.9 km/h)
Fastest lap: Bagnaia (Ducati), 1:31.042 (158.3 km/h)

Rider Information

Francesco Bagnaia
Bike: Ducati Desmosedici GP
Race Number: 63
GPs Started: 171 (66 x MotoGP, 36 x Moto2, 69 x Moto3)
First GP: Qatar 2019 (MotoGP), Qatar 2017 (Moto2), Qatar 2013 (Moto3)
Wins: 21 (11 MotoGP + 8 Moto2 + 2 Moto3)
First GP win: Aragón 2021 (MotoGP), Qatar 2018 (Moto2), Netherlands 2016 (Moto3)
Pole positions: 18 (11 MotoGP + 6 Moto2 + 1 Moto3)
First pole: Qatar 2021 (MotoGP), France 2018 (Moto2), Britain 2016 (Moto3)
World Titles: 1 (Moto2, 2018)

Jack Miller
Bike: Ducati Desmosedici GP
Race Number: 43
GPs Started: 191 (136 x MotoGP, 49 x Moto3, 6 x 125 cc)
First GP: Qatar 2015 (MotoGP), Qatar 2012 (Moto3), Germany 2011 (125 cc)
Wins: 10 (4 MotoGP + 6 Moto3)
First GP win: Netherlands 2016 (MotoGP), Qatar 2014 (Moto3)
Pole positions: 10 (2 MotoGP + 8 Moto3)
First pole: Argentina 2018 (MotoGP), USA 2014 (Moto3)
World Titles: -

Championship Information

Riders' Standings
Francesco Bagnaia (#63 Ducati Lenovo Team) – 1º (258 points)
Jack Miller (#43 Ducati Lenovo Team) – 5º (189 points)

Manufacturers' Standings
Ducati – 1º (432 points)

Teams' Standings
Ducati Lenovo Team – 1° (447 points)

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.