Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 05-Apr-2006, 21:06
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Old 05-Apr-2006, 21:08
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Can Kirsty and I have our sprog in it?

If it's a boy we were thinking of calling it Geoff as a tribute, and if it was the other kind Dom(inique) is a front runner....
Old 05-Apr-2006, 21:52
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Cracking idea and I'm sure the vast majority of racers will buy at least one.

However, like some of the other initiatives that are around at the moment, however you look at them and all the very positive intentions, there are things that are dividing the club in some way. A DD race calendar is a brilliant idea, funded my race members and no doubt a few others and money to charity - everyone wins, can't knock it.

But in the spirit of a new club going forward, one that works together for the benefit of the full club whether that be rideout, trackday, BMF, raid the lakes, Popham, midgy bashing or Motogiro, I would MUCH prefer to see a DSC CLUB calendar, yes filled with fantastic pictures of the DD bikes and winners and trophies, but also someone touring around the Alps, a group shot of the trackday, some lovely ladies and gents all dressed up in the black tie at a DSC dinner dance, Nelly with his hands in an engine, Guido's photos from a trackday, a Scottish bike covered in midgies, whatever.

Let's take this great idea from Phil and turn it into a brilliant one with the best DSC calendar ever and the best motorcycle club calendar in the world - the real heart of this fantastic club.

Just my opinion, no politics, no toys, no pram, no agenda other than helping to make this fantastic club something we can ALL be proud of.

WeeJohnyB
Old 05-Apr-2006, 23:42
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
photo competition? winners get their photo on the calender- just a suggestion
Old 06-Apr-2006, 08:22
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by WeeJohnyB
Cracking idea and I'm sure the vast majority of racers will buy at least one.

However, like some of the other initiatives that are around at the moment, however you look at them and all the very positive intentions, there are things that are dividing the club in some way. A DD race calendar is a brilliant idea, funded my race members and no doubt a few others and money to charity - everyone wins, can't knock it.

But in the spirit of a new club going forward, one that works together for the benefit of the full club whether that be rideout, trackday, BMF, raid the lakes, Popham, midgy bashing or Motogiro, I would MUCH prefer to see a DSC CLUB calendar, yes filled with fantastic pictures of the DD bikes and winners and trophies, but also someone touring around the Alps, a group shot of the trackday, some lovely ladies and gents all dressed up in the black tie at a DSC dinner dance, Nelly with his hands in an engine, Guido's photos from a trackday, a Scottish bike covered in midgies, whatever.

Let's take this great idea from Phil and turn it into a brilliant one with the best DSC calendar ever and the best motorcycle club calendar in the world - the real heart of this fantastic club.

Just my opinion, no politics, no toys, no pram, no agenda other than helping to make this fantastic club something we can ALL be proud of.

WeeJohnyB

That was why I suggested a double sided calendar John; loads of DD info on one side with all the other great DSC stuff on the other. Could appeal to a wider market, kills two birds with one stone, promotes both the club in general and DD gets extra exposure as the calendars would be out in bigger numbers. We gave some away to dealers and sponsors last time we made a club calendar, maybe if we could get a dual purpose one sponsored we could give one to each member at Christmas ?

It was only a suggestion yet again, the idea to try and bring all aspects of DSC life back together. The riders are having a vote on it at the moment, it would be good to think that the wider benefit could be considered. That said I'm not trying to hijack the idea and if the riders are adamant that they want to do their own calendar it is up to them.
Old 06-Apr-2006, 08:36
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
i can see the logic in a DSC calender with ALL the DSC events incorporated. So its over to you Paul...............................i wont make any more movements on a seperate DD calender.

Phil
Old 06-Apr-2006, 08:47
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Phil, you were happy to take this on when it was for DD only - it was your great idea......so why hand it back to the already overworked MT, why not take it on for the good of the whole club? I know Fordie had a hand in the last one and we no doubt still have the contacts for the printing as the last one was high quality, so it's only about getting some pics together.

WeeJohnyB
Old 06-Apr-2006, 12:20
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
ok with the addition of further feedback the DD calender it seems is a goer

" The DSC Desmo Due Racing Calender 2007 "

thoughts.?

and piccies please