Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 01-Apr-2006, 20:52
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Message original : domski
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonio600
Quote:
Message original : domskiIt means that the person started, but did not finish.

Isn't it DNF?...

Yes.

I don't know where you got the results from, but if someone has 'started' but does not have a finishing position - I would assume that they did not finish???

Call me a detective

So Mr. detective, what's the difference between a "DNF" and a "starter" on the time sheet?... Got it, it seems a "starter" is a first lap DNF
Old 01-Apr-2006, 20:55
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Of course it is.

Well done

I will send you a prize
Old 01-Apr-2006, 20:57
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Message original : Murray Mint
Well I think that the points system is a crock of shite. Why should it be that because you win a race you get an extra 5 points, 2nd place gets 4 extra points etc etc. This system could lead to a situation where someone could win the championship with some good results but the second place man who could have had a very consistent session getting second places in all their races. Can someone please explain this system to me?

Murray Mint

I disagree with you my friend... In the way you would like things to be, what would be the point taking risks to win a race when finishing second would bring you almost the same amount of points?... I guess that finishing 2nd must be quite good, but it's nowhere near finishing first
Old 01-Apr-2006, 20:58
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Message original : couchcommando
Maybe give the aldi class points and food vouchers for everyone

I'll take them thanks very much
Old 01-Apr-2006, 22:30
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonio600
Quote:
Message original : Murray Mint
Well I think that the points system is a crock of shite. Why should it be that because you win a race you get an extra 5 points, 2nd place gets 4 extra points etc etc. This system could lead to a situation where someone could win the championship with some good results but the second place man who could have had a very consistent session getting second places in all their races. Can someone please explain this system to me?

Murray Mint

I disagree with you my friend... In the way you would like things to be, what would be the point taking risks to win a race when finishing second would bring you almost the same amount of points?... I guess that finishing 2nd must be quite good, but it's nowhere near finishing first

Ahh but someone has got to be first.
Old 01-Apr-2006, 22:32
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
At the beginning of last season I argued very hotly to ensure that finishers down to 25th place got points as it gives us novices a better incentive/reward to RACE one another at the back of the field, it could be that you end up racing for 25th position in the "championship" against another rider who is on the same points as you, and THAT is what this series is SUPPOSED to be about, giving DSC CLUB MEMBERS the opprotunity to experience RACING (at any level) without the expense (or danger?) of mixing it in something like SOT. Other than a lot more novices and a few more people with racing experience joining in I don't see what has changed to warrant adopting a points system that only rewards the top 15? Stick with the top 25 scoring and make sure the winners get a suitable bounty, the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 etc differential works well at rewarding that extra bit of effort to push from 2nd to 1st place.
Old 01-Apr-2006, 22:43
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by psychlist
Stick with the top 25 scoring and make sure the winners get a suitable bounty, the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 etc differential works well at rewarding that extra bit of effort to push from 2nd to 1st place.

Yep I agree, 99%

Maybe just leave the points system from 2005 - It worked didn't it???

Broke, Fix It, Don't
Old 03-Apr-2006, 09:40
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by domski
Quote:
Originally posted by psychlist
Stick with the top 25 scoring and make sure the winners get a suitable bounty, the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 etc differential works well at rewarding that extra bit of effort to push from 2nd to 1st place.

Yep I agree, 99%

Maybe just leave the points system from 2005 - It worked didn't it???

Broke, Fix It, Don't

exactly..........................
Old 03-Apr-2006, 11:05
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Agree with psychlist 100% - the reason for awarding down to 25th place was because of the large grids we had at all races last year - sometimes 38 people in a race? - so those who were at the back of the grid still had a reason to turn up and have their own battles for points.