Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Old 20-Oct-2019, 22:00
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Post Ducati dominate at Brands Hatch as Scott Redding crowned 2019 British Superbike Champ

Ducati UK | Sunday 20 October 2019

Ducati dominate at Brands Hatch as Scott Redding crowned 2019 British Superbike Champion

Ducati riders dominated the final triple-header round of 2019 British Superbike Championship, claiming three all-Ducati podiums.

• Scott Redding wins the 2019 British Superbike Championship
  • Josh Brookes wins all 3 races in the triple-header at Brands
  • Ducati finish 1-2-3 in all 3 races

Race 1
The opening triple-header race at Brands Hatch saw Be Wiser Ducati’s Josh Brookes make a clean get away to lead from pole onboard his Panigale V4 R.

Meanwhile teammate Scott Redding had his work cut out in his bid for victory after a fuelling issue in Q3 saw him forced to start from the 3rd row of the grid.

Tommy Bridewell started from 4th, but the Oxford Racing Ducati rider had soon despatched several riders and was closing down race leader Brookes and setting up a thrilling race until the red flag came out due to track contamination.

The restarted 12-lap race saw Brookes and Bridewell start from 1st and 2nd respectively, while Redding lined up in in 7th. Once again Brookes got away well to lead with Bridewell chasing him down in 2nd.

By half-race distance Bridewell was half a second behind leader Brookes, whilst having built a 4.7s lead over the chasing pack of which included Redding in 6th.

Brookes went on to take the chequered flag in dominant fashion, with Bridewell 2nd and Redding claiming 3rd for another all-Ducati podium.

Race 2
Brookes led from pole once more and initially gapped the field, with Bridewell soon making it a Ducati 1-2 out at the front. Behind them Scott Redding was charging through the field from 8th, moving into 3rd on Lap 7.

Redding then set about closing the gap to Brookes and Bridewell, passing the latter into Paddock Hill Bend for 2nd on Lap 18. A thrilling final lap saw a similar move on his teammate, but Brookes fought back immediately to regain and hold the lead and take the chequered flag, with Redding and Bridewell locking out the podium in 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Race 3
Brookes got the holeshot from pole-sitter Tommy Bridewell to lead for the entirety of the race and take the chequered flag. He was kept honest throughout the race by Tommy Bridwell who pushed him all the way, with the Oxford Racing Ducati rider finishing 2nd.

The championship title came down to this final race, but Brookes’ triple win was not enough to make up for his points deficit to teammate Scott Redding, whose 3rd place finish was enough to see him crowned 2019 British Superbike Champion in his rookie season at a packed Brands Hatch.

Scott Redding (Be Wiser Ducati #45)
2019 British Superbike Championship Winner
Race 1 – 3rd, Race 2 – 2nd, Race – 3rd

“After a few lean years, we came here to try and win the championship and we did it! It means so much to me to win this and I can’t thank everyone enough for all their support and it feels so good to have so many people behind me. I had a small problem in today’s second race and had to be so gentle on the bike and simply concentrated on finishing in third. In the first race today, I felt really comfortable and felt I could have a go at winning as that’s always my goal so I had a go on the last lap although I knew Josh would come straight back at me. The last thing I wanted to do was crash and I was very mindful of the fact I needed to finish so took the second place. I’m over the moon to have won the BSB Championship and we’re going to have a big party ! tonight!”

Josh Brookes (Be Wiser Ducati #26)
2019 British Superbike Championship – 2nd place
Race 1 – 1st, Race 2 – 1st, Race 3 – 1st

“I came here with the objective of winning all three races and that’s exactly what I’ve done so I can’t not be happy with how this weekend has gone, it’s ultimately elsewhere where I’ve lost out on the championship.

A championship is judged on the whole year, not just one weekend and there are opportunities at every round to get points. There hasn’t been any time this year though where I don’t think I could have done better but I can’t deny the fact I’m disappointed not to be returning in 2020 with the number one plate! I’m looking forward to next season and although Scott won’t be figuring, there’ll always be someone to step up and there’ll be plenty more challenges ahead.

Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Racing Ducati #46)
2019 British Superbike Championship – 3rd place
Race 1 – 2nd, Race 2 – 3rd, Race 3 – 2nd

"We started the season with the intention of winning the championship, all in all to be fair to the team for where we have come from, to be fighting for the championship going into the last round is a massive achievement. I am super proud of my achievement and the teams, we don’t really feel like we have put a foot wrong and proud of what we have achieved as a small team. The year’s been fun and I am sad to see it finish, now we have time to analyse things over the winter, where the bike, the team and I can improve as a rider and come back stronger next year. This year we didn’t expect to be so dominant and fighting for podiums, for next year we will looking to win the championship and race wins from round 1, so looking forward to putting that into practice. I have come back from some hard times, with teams and 2007 losing Ollie and it is unbelievably hard to come back from that but I try and use that as a strength.”

.::.

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.