Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Old 07-Apr-2021, 18:37
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Post Miller undergoes successful arm pump surgery on right forearm

MotoGP | Tuesday 6 April 2021

Miller undergoes successful arm pump surgery on right forearm

• The Australian rider was operated on by Dr Mir this evening in Barcelona. He is expected to return to action in the next Portuguese GP in Portimão in about ten days

Jack Miller underwent surgery on his right forearm this evening to relieve 'arm pump' (compartment syndrome), which cause him problems during the last two Grands Prix held in Qatar.

Having returned from Doha yesterday, the Australian rider went to the Dexeus University Hospital in Barcelona (Spain) today, where he was immediately examined by Dr Mir (Director of the Dexeus Institute's Upper Limb Unit). After undergoing an MRI at rest and one under strain, it was decided to perform surgery immediately to restore the forearm's vascular and nerve activity to normal.

Jack will spend 24 hours in the hospital, and then he will be able to begin rehabilitation with the aim to return on track already in the next round in Portimão for the Grand Prix of Portugal, scheduled from 16th-18th April.

Jack Miller (#43 Ducati Lenovo Team)
"It was a short operation, and it went very well. I can't wait to start the rehabilitation. There are still ten days left before the next Grand Prix at Portimão. If my recovery proceeds normally, I'll be able to be back on track in Portugal, even if not completely at my 100% fitness. I want to thank Dr Mir and all his team of the Dexeus Hospital for their availability and all the care they have given me".

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.