Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-Jan-2022, 18:31
Bikes: V4 Streetfighter / Multistrada v4s

Throttle spacers

Good evening has anybody fitted throttle space of kit two due catty V4S Street fighterAnd if so did it improve the throttle response
Old 23-Jan-2022, 14:32
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I've heard that loads of people fit them to the Panigale to take up the slack in the ride-by-wire throttle.

When I checked mine, out of interest, there is a little bit of slack/free play in the cable but it doesn't bother me enough to want to do anything about it.

Whether you can do the same just by taking up the slack in the cable would be a question, but maybe it's a real PITA to get to - ie, bodywork, airbox removal, etc - and so fitting a spacer is quicker and cheaper.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 25-Jan-2022, 14:51
DSC Club Member

Hi folks , I have no experience of the modern ducs as you refer in your query but have seen/ heard online about the spacers , missenden flyer fitted to his 899 I think , you tube him.

But the old skool inc my 998 , I’m aware is supposed to have the slack - extract below from manual

cheers all Steve

Throttle cable adjustment 998
The throttle twistgrip must have a free play of 1.5-2 mm measured at the edge of the twistgrip, at all positions of the handlebars. If it needs adjusting, use the suitable adjuster (2, fig. 49) provided on the throttle control.